Monday, March 5, 2012

Latest with the Elams

Let me first start by updating you on the latest with everyone in the family...(If I ever start boring you in this blog, I apologize, I am also putting the blog entries in a book to keep for our family memories).

TAMPA, FLORIDA

BRANDON -  working at Carrollwood Day School...it is a private school where he is Dean of Students and loving his job. March madness is upon us and his Cats are #1 so he is a happy man these days! He is an incredible father as he spoils them rotten! He dances and reads books with Isla and him and Everett stay up late together watching basketball games.

WHITNEY- (Me!) I'm home with the kids and loving it!! I miss working but time with the kids is priceless. I spend the majority of my time in spit up, drool, poopies, and un-bathed! I have now experienced both sides of the working-mom and stay-at-home mom and let me just say that BOTH deserve a medal. Maybe a medal in the form of a 3 night-2 day vacation with a couple of gal pals, haha!  I'm also giving volleyball lessons right now 3x a week which has been nice to get back in the gym.

ISLA - Is now 22 months old! Almost 2 years old, in which I will stop referring to her in months, I promise :)  
She is a dancing machine. I don't know if it is normal for 2 year olds to have so much musicality. Of course I think she is advanced! haha! She loves music and LOVES TO DANCE! She likes riding in Daddy's car better than mommy's, still holds on to someone's ear to fall asleep, and has more personality than I know what to do with :) 

She is talking up a storm. Her favorite phrases: I don't know - Come on - Lets Dance - Lets Walk (lets go for a walk) - More Pees (More please) - Hi Bubba (Hello to her brother) - Bubbles (When  referring to wanting to watch Bubble Guppies, or put Bubbles in her bath tub) - Cheese (Grill Cheese) She is mastering all her cousins names....Bran-d, Hana, Jocey, Kad-n, Macie, Ar-per, Reecie 

Favorite Shows - Bubble Guppies, Fresh Beat Band and Olivia (If you have ever seen Olivia--I see this as Isla in a couple of years! Smart, Sassy, Curious, Great Imagination, a Leader (or bossy), and calls her little brother, "bother' because that is what he is...her little bother! So cute!

Favorite Foods - all fruit, veggies, oatmeal, pasta, grilled cheese, mac 'n cheese, waffers, pretzels, biscuits/breads

EVERETT - 18 weeks (almost 5 months)! BIG is a good word for him. He is huge (97% weight and 89% height) and so are his spit-ups, diapers, and appetite.  Let me put it into perspective this way...Isla weighed 19lbs on her 1st birthday and Everett weighed 19lbs at 4 months old! 

We decided he is so tender hearted. He is so sweet by nature, laid back, and lovable. He looooves his big sister, as he doesn't take his eyes off her when she is in the room. He is rolling over, almost sitting up on his own and going through some major teething! He is super tough...he has no choice really with Isla wanting to hold him, burp him, feed him, and shove pacifiers in his mouth not to mention her hugs and sugars!


No comments:

Post a Comment